You did the groundwork and you got her number, you sent her an awesome first text that captured her attention and engaged her emotions, and now you’ve been texting on-and-off for a few days now…
All of a sudden, you send her a text…
You send another…
You wait for hours…
Frustrating, isn’t it?
I’ve been there!
It happens to the best of us.
Now, the important thing to remember if and when this happens is to not take it personally. So many guys will confront a girl, hounding her for an explanation. Others will internalize it all and blame themselves. However, there could be literally hundreds of reasons why she hasn’t responded:
- She’s busy at work
- Her phone is dead
- She had a family emergency
- She literally forgot to text back
Of course, there are also a couple major reasons she did not text you back:
- You texted too much, too soon:It goes without saying, but sometimes we get so excited about getting a cute girl’s number that we, without realizing it, over-text them. In the early stages of the interaction, remember – less is more. Your goal of the early interactions is to engage her emotions, create attraction, and get her out on a date.The mindset here to adopt is – send it and forget it. Literally set your phone down if you are too tempted to immediately respond. By immediately responding to her messages, you subconsciously give off the vibe that you are sitting around waiting for her messages. Nothing kills attraction faster than being over eager.
- Your texts were too generic and didn’t engage her emotions:Have you ever sent a funny or insightful text, only to get a response of “lol” or “k”? Remember how frustrating it was? As a text master, you will never send these bland, generic texts again. Generic texts will never engage her at her emotional core. Remember – women are emotional creatures, so it is on you to spark her emotions early and often.
- She lost interest in you:This is really a combination of one and two, if you are texting too much, too soon or sending generic one-word texts that don’t engage her emotions, eventually she will lose interest and it will be back to square one…
However, there’s no need to worry. You can immediately fix these issues by doing the following things:
- Be bold in your texts
- Make sure to mirror her response time and length of text when responding
- Be more descriptive with your language to engage her emotions
- Put your phone down and go do something else after you text her
- Don’t over think things. It’s only been an hour – don’t drive yourself crazy waiting for a response.
Of course, there are several great ways to re-engage and recapture a woman’s attention that you can find into specifically in Race’s book “Text That Girl!”